Hello! I started this blog to share the journey to motherhood, mainly because I was so disillusioned with the other ‘trying to conceive’ blogs out there. I hated the acronyms and obsessive nature of getting pregnant. I wanted something funny and honest, which I hope my blog has already achieved.
Now, about me. I am 32, married to S. for 4 years in September and had our first baby, Mike, in June 2013. We had a fairly easy journey to parenthood, just 1 round of shots and pills, thanks to my PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. We started the process in March of 2012, and we were pregnant by September 2012. Michael Alan was born on June 5th and life has never been the same.
One thing you should know about me is I am obsessed with US Weekly and the easiest way to introduce you to me, is to do an US Weekly standard-
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. My guilty pleasure food is Totinos Pizza Rolls.
2. I was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult and finding the right medication has made my life 100 times easier.
3. When we were trying to get pregnant, I gave up caffeine (I was obsessed with Diet Coke in large quantities). I did not find it life changing or a positive lifestyle change.
4. Charlie is our Beagle fur baby who we adopted 2 weeks after we got married.
5. I am a big fan of social media and have tweeted with Duff Goldman and Savannah Guthrie.
6. I spoke at my high school graduation, but I wasn’t the valedictorian.
7. I am a member of the International Thespian Society.
8. I had never flown until I was 22 and went to Dallas for a meeting. A year later I got my passport for a trip to Berlin for work.
9. I hate soup. Well, most soup. I love Lobster Bisque and Cream of Crab. Everything else is gross.
10. I knew the baby’s room would have grey in the theme, but depending on the sex it would either be yellow or aqua accents.
11. I collect egg plates since I am the family deviled egg chef.
12. I am scared of horses.
13. I’ve seen New Found Glory in concert about 20 times (but not since college)
14. The song S. and I danced to at our wedding was Better Together by Jack Johnson, but ‘our song’ is Great Escape by Pat Monahan
15. I am a carrier for TB and will test positive for it every time.
16. I will always watch Brown Sugar, 13 Going on 30 and Zombieland when it is on TV at any point in the movie.
17. I look forward to Fridays because my US Weekly comes in the mail
18. I’m a magazine junkie.
19. I have dozens of purses, but only rotate about 3 of them.
20. I started a diaper drive in 2013 to support St. Martin’s Ministries in Ridgely Maryland.
21. I don’t know what my real hair color is – I am guessing a brownish red?
22. S. and I met online.
23. I am a practicing Unitarian, but was raised in the Catholic Church.
24. I changed my major 4 times in college: Political Science, Theology, Psychology, Communications.
25. My idea of heaven is a bed with fresh, tight sheets and new pillows every night.
Hahaha i love soups and i live Lobster Bisque too!!!!!! Yummm today’s weather really calls for some good soup 🙁
# 25 is so funny