Since I’ve been a Momma for just over 8 weeks, I’m considering myself an expert. Just kidding. I am flying by the seat of my pants just like everyone else. I’ve had a few friends recently get pregnant (congrats!!) and ask me what I would recommend goes on their registry. Here are my top 5:
1. WubbaNub: I am a big pacifier fan, and thankfully so is Mikey. I read about these on another blog and decided to use some of our gift card funds to pick up a few. Mikey loves them! It’s a soft animal literally attached to a Soothie pacifier. I’ve caught Mike holding the animal in his sleep and we have yet to lose one – which makes the price tag a little easier to swallow. The only other complaint is how to wash them, which I am still working out. FYI – Babies R Us has them for cheaper.
2. Summer Infant SwaddleMe: S. took the Dad’s class and was a swaddling expert. Me on the other hand … not so much. Especially when we were in the hospital for 5 days and exhausted. Welcome the SwaddleMe. They are soft cotton pre’made’ swaddles with velcro. So you put the baby in the ‘pouch’, fold one side over, then fold the other side over and velcro closed – ta da! Instant baby burrito. Mikey was a HUGE fan of these and it helped him relax and stop crying. He looked like a glow worm.
3. adan + anais Muslin Burpy Bib: I am obsessed with adan + anais products. I got one of these burpy bibs as a hand me down and was really impressed with it’s size. Mikey has some impressive spit ups and somehow this burp cloth catches it every time. Plus, it has small hidden snaps so it can snap around his neck covering a large area – critical if you kid spits up like mine. The muslin washes great too.
4. adan + anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets: Guess what! Prince George was photographed with one of these blankets! First of all, finding lightweight blankets for summer babies is damn near impossible. We got a few as gifts and they were heavy or fleecy. I passed these a few times at Buy Buy Baby, but couldn’t justify to price – until I couldn’t find anything else. Best. Purchase. Ever. I’m not sure why they are marketed as swaddle blankets. I use them as blankets, car seat cover, nursing cover (when I was nursing) and a changing pad. It’s HUGE and they wash great. Plus I love their prints.
5. Baby K’Tan: I will be the first to sing the praises of the ErgoBaby carrier, but it is hard to wear and work on a computer. I liked the concept of a sling, but slings seem be confusing to put on and time consuming. I did some research before I went back to work and found a lot of positive reviews of the Baby K’Tan. It’s really easy to put on after the third try and it has a variety of positions. Mikey’s favorite is the hug position, facing me. I can quickly put the sling on and slide him in and within 5 minutes he is snoring and I am working uninterrupted. What else do I love? It is 2 pieces and the big one fits in the pocket of the other piece. AND when I am wearing it, that same pocket is available for his WubbaNub or house keys. Or cookies.