It’s official, we are in the two week wait (don’t cringe, I won’t start using stupid acronyms like TWW)! I triggered on Friday and we *ahem* did as the doctor instructed. Now … we wait.
As usual, I took to Google to find out what I should be eating, what to do, what not to do … but alas, I came across stupid lists about how to keep myself busy. Some suggestions made sense like blog, watch a movie, read a book … and some were just plain stupid. Here’s a taste:
- Wear loose clothing (um, so the baby, who is the size of a pinhead doesn’t suffocate? I can imagine walking into a meeting, ‘sorry, had to ditch the suit for the sweats. I am trying to make a baby.’)
- Write your husband a love letter everyday (I’m the one trying to grow a baby, write ME a damn love letter)
- Create a fertility dance (I don’t even know …)
- Ask your husband to do the vacuuming, dishwasher, laundry, and garbage disposal (Laughable. Because I usually do ALL those things. Just kidding. He does them all already)
- Cut Coupons (that should kill an hour)
Here’s what I’m doing during my two week wait:
- Working (gotta make the money honey)
- Taking Charlie to the dog park
- Going apple picking and to dinner with Sam for his birthday
- Spending a day shopping with Mom in Annapolis
- Going to the Renaissance Festival with friends
- Having lunch with old coworkers
- Having lunch downtown with Sam for our 2nd anniversary
But really, it’s a lot of taking medicine (Promethium twice daily and Metformim daily), going through my daily routines and encouraging my body to do what it needs to do. It’s out of my hands now!