I follow Heather over at Desperately Seeking Sanity and she did a fun little Christmas ‘survey’ and since I am struggling a little with the holiday spirit, I thought I would play along. I hope you will too!
1. What do you love most about Christmas time?
Presents. Just kidding. Well, sort of. I love giving presents. The hunt for the perfect, thoughtful gift that will really make someone I care about happy. I also really love all the traditions I grew up with and now the traditions that are coming around now that Mike is here.
2. Do you celebrate the holiday in style or is it bah-humbug for you?
I’m not totally sure what constitutes ‘in style’, but let’s go with that! We’ve had out decorations up for quite awhile and I love, love, love the glow of all the lights. I wish I could leave them up year round and not be considered redneck. Garland in June? Come on Martha Stewart. Make it work.
3. Are you leaving anything out for Santa this year so he remembers to leave you presents?
Yes. Preferably something of the boozy variety.
4. What is the gift you’re most excited about GIVING? (It can be to your kids, another family member, etc – remember to be discreet if they read your blog.)
Since this is Mike’s first Christmas, all his gifts are exciting! Since we are an ‘interfaith’ family, we celebrated Hanukkah which was early this year. We got him a bouncy center and he ADORES it. So we were really excited about that. I am a little excited for S’s jammies which we are exchanging on Christmas Eve (like my family always did!)
5. What is your all time favorite Christmas movie?
Almost anything on Lifetime. Or ABC Family. I remember watching The Christmas Toy on VHS that my Momma taped one year, probably in the late 80s, and watching all the dated commercials year after year. Thankfully I found it on DVD this year! I also love Snowglobe and Dear Santa. Cheesy, festive and fun.
6. What is your all time favorite Christmas song?
Oh good question. I am not a huge Christmas music fan. I would have to say … now that I think about it, I have a few. Who Would Imagine (a King) by Whitney Houston, I Won’t Be Home For Christmas by Blink 182 (because I know the words) and anything on the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas album.
7. If given the opportunity, would you participate in an “Ugly Sweater Party” and what would sweater would you wear? (Peruse one of the internet or even in your own closet and show us!)
I don’t have ANY ugly sweaters! At least I don’t think so. I would probably wear this one because I could wear it again:
8. Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that you plan on carrying forward?
This is our first year celebrating Christmas as a family for 3 (and a dog). We are carrying on the Christmas Eve jammies, opening gifts in the morning and having a dated beagle ornament and a family ornament. Our first Christmas as a married couple, we went to Bull Run Festival of Lights and so far we’ve kept that up.
9. It’s Christmas morning….what does it look like outside where you live?
Mid Atlantic weather! VA stinks. Never a white Christmas. It could be 70 degrees, or 10. Sunny or cloudy.
10. You just found yourself standing under the mistletoe….who comes up to give you a kiss first?
The dog since he is usually hovering 🙂 And then S!
So there you have it…
How about you? Consider yourself tagged. And if you play along, come back here and let me know so that I can be sure to check it out!